Thursday 5 May 2011

Writer, Teacher, Hooker...

I have total respect for this woman. What I don't have respect for is human nature and the ways in which people are quick to condemn those who have turned their lives around from a past which wasn't necessarily the perfect ideal. Once something which holds a taboo is looked upon, I feel that it is all which most focus on-the fact that it is a taboo and holds a stigma against self. If we didn't forgive at all we would live life in a continuous angst, it would become personal to ourselves and that I would say is wasted energy. In this case though, I see nothing to forgive. What Melissa Petro once had in her past held nothing dangerous against anyone else accept herself. She is solely responsible for that which is why I am so disappointed in the people who changed her life around when Melissa decided to 'come clean' about her past occupation. I see nothing to 'come clean' from. I don't see it as dirty. As forbidden. Of course I am sure there are some laws against it but to hold it against one person who had established a greater career afterwards, making use of her real talent and abilities in life. I feel ashamed people out there really are too quick to judge, too quick to protect, too quick to not take 'risk'. They fear the risk, harsh but, I kind of pity them. Life should be bold and they treated Melissa with shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment