Wednesday 18 May 2011

The extinction of books

Recently I have been reading about the discussion of the survival of libraries and bookshops. I found the following article a somewhat, cute approach to keeping the covers of tales and facts we love, alive.

The fashion of fiction and facts will always lead to a new trend, whether it's e-books or representing stories we love in a different form. I have also read a quote recently, relating how a book will always become adaptable to its reader, yet an e-book cannot adjust to its owner. I personally enjoy the feel of a paper book, I think most of us spend time infront of a computer screen or on our phones. Though we may still be using the same part of our bodies to concentrate with, books provide a different feel, light and image compared to a technical one. Paper feels like an escape from technology, as much as it is reliable also-I am sure we all experience times when we like to cut ourselves off from the world. When we go on holiday it is nice to have that feeling in leaving our phones switched off. If e-books and phone apps became the majority, this pleasure wouldn't exist any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment