Monday 25 April 2011

A Novel Idea

We all have moments when we are working out what to do with ourselves, whether it's something we may consider small and simple-such as walking the dog, having that second cup of tea or deciding that the night out tempted by your friends is something you just don't fancy right now. We all spend so much time debating if what we chose is right, wrong-do we have a passion for it or has whatever we may be doing with ourselves right now fallen into our hands because it was easy-it's always easier to go with what we know already. If I could say anything about living, then I would say a lot of it covers patience, choices and answers-but we are only going to source them by getting out there and experiencing, be those experiences good or bad. I always say whatever we do we shall learn from, we just have to recognise within ourselves when those experiences become dangerous, if we carry them on in an abusive sense; it's within one self to recognise when to take the danger away, whether to walk away, but always smile with it.

Lets just say the following words will flow, like a diary of experience, lesson and worth. Everything in life is an adventure, It just takes time to realise when your journey really begins…


So we all have passions, we all have dislikes. Every day we wake up, we have our routines, our preferences. Yet everyday something will change, whether it's meeting a new person, trying something new or even our bodies becoming something different to what we knew before. Every day we become challenged by our own selves-it feels like there are three parts to us in a way. One part being the human body-physical functions, the basics. Second part being our brain, our thoughts-our knowing what we feel is right and wrong, it's what makes our opinions, choices and characteristics. And thirdly, the subconscious. The part of us, which holds how we flow, treat people-I would say it's the part we always end up learning about once everything has already happened. They do say you only learn when it's too late-I would say this human part is what instigated that idea.

I think we all need to accept that not everything is within our control. The sooner we do that, the better. Most of the time we are battling. Not with other people. But ourselves. I would say we battle with part 3 of us everyday. Lets call it our inhibitions. We are always protecting ourselves, lets accept it. We do not like to get hurt. Why feel pain? Emotionally. We all know its not what we want. But. There is a difference between protecting yourself and putting yourself out on the line. I myself am a very big mechanic to all of that. But once you start letting in, once you start pulling that wall down that we all put up in front of ourselves-things really do start to get better.

We all live in fear. There are so many kinds of fear as much as there are so many different kinds of love. We will always have fear don't get me wrong. But most of all, we fear ourselves. We fear how we can make ourselves feel, without even really wanting to feel scared. In a way, I always feel like two people. There is the person who knows already, and the other I discover daily and feel is the one I truly want to show to the world and experience it with. I am always impressed by our own ability to know what we want to do, but there is always that part of us which holds back. That is fear. Which is why most days I take a moment to ask myself, why am I worried? I vision it all like a mental checklist. There were times say, when I was in a club. The music amazing, company great and dancing gorgeous. But there were seconds I would get a mental mind flash and say to myself, oh my god something is wrong. But was there really anything wrong?! There actually wasn't. Unfortunately it was my part 3 saying to me, something is wrong-because that was all I ever knew. To feel extreme happy was alien, I suppose my subconscious was telling me to go back to that place which I always knew-but there was never a way out there. The new world I had discovered was so intensely amazing-sometimes without even wanting to we bring ourselves back to a place we so passionately hated. Though it is good to go back there in a sense now and again. We only learn by reflecting on the differences we experience. I would say it brings us to an understanding of our own growth and appreciation for what we have achieved. To what we have achieved in ourselves I must say. I suppose it was from those moments I started to recognise I had found a place, a new place which was unfamiliar-but felt really good, and so it was then that my true journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment