Wednesday 20 April 2011

Adult innocence

'Here is another thing you can do. Remember your carefree days as a child. When you were a child, you were not plotting so carefully. You were not thinking so much about what others might say or do in response to what you say or do. I suggest you return to that time in childhood and remember what it felt like.

Then try relating to others with some of that simplicity from childhood, some of that innocence. This is just my idea. I'm no psychologist. But sometimes when I am too confounded and my thoughts are racing, this is what I do. I approach people simply again, as a child.
Remembering childhood relieves us of the burden of knowing what will happen next. We have no idea what will happen next. We're just kids!
Think of childhood. Forget the rules. See what happens.'

http://www.salon.com/life/since_you_asked/index.html?story=/mwt/col/tenn/2011/04/19/quick_relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment